DÉGLON, A PASSION FOR KNIFE MAKING
Native from the small village of Curtilles near Lausanne in Switzerland, Jean Déglon arrived in France at the beginning of the 20e th century. He quickly discovered the universe of the cutlery in the village of Sarraix, close to Thiers, in Auvergne.
In a few months, he was fascinated by this secular art and set up his own workshop in 1921 in Thiers, the French capital of cutlery.
Four generations later, the family company has grown, evolved, and become a reference brand among food trade professionals (butchers, fishmongers, pastry cooks, cheese mongers, etc.) and hotel schools, in search of kitchenware accessories and quality knives.
A family history
Since the firm was founded in 1921, Jean Déglon’heirs have followed one another to manage the company, in order to perpetuate the family know-how and creativity.
In 1960, René Déglon joined his father and they developed the company by distributing their products - kitchen and table knifes - in France and in many countries.
By 1976, the company took the turning point of industrialization. The manufacturing site extended and moved to the Felet industrial zone, in Thiers.
In 1980, it was Thierry, grandson of Jean and son of René, who took over the reins of the company.He developed the company by specializing into professional cutlery.To stand out from the competition, the company counted on innovation and research.
In 2008, the fourth generation joined the company with the arrival of Moïse Déglon (Thierry’s son), in charge of the sales department.
In 2017, he became Chief Executive Officer of the company, with the aim of strengthening development, particularly in export markets, and increasing the reputation of the brand's products.